How am I possibly going to limit myself to five taste sensations? Let’s see:
- Citron vert [lime] sorbet from Berthillon Glacier on the Ile St. Louis in Paris is life-changing. There is a reason people line up outside this little shop in all kinds of weather.
- Miso soup. This salty soya broth with tofu and seaweed is sooooooo good.
- Te-uchi Yaki Soba. Hand-rolled buckwheat noodles served cold with dipping sauce. When you’re done eating, you ask for soba-yuu [the hot water the noodles were cooked in] and drink a broth made by combining it with the rest of the dipping sauce. I’m drooling as I write…
- Blue Point Oysters on the half shell served with a pint of [properly poured] Guinness. Yum Yum.
- The frothy deliciousness of an ice-cold beer on a hot and muggy day probably can’t be topped. Or can it?
Over to you…