Mahatma Gandhi said that seven things will kill us:
* getting something through nefarious means
* a lack of responsibility and accountability
* a misuse of knowledge
* a lack of ethics
* a mentality which has at its core “progress at any cost”
* the social façade of religion/using religion to justify evil
* a lack of moral leadership
The antidote to these seven things is a strong value system.
What we’re really talking about is having strong moral character. What additional steps can you take to strengthen your character? By now you should already have made great strides in building up your character. If not, do so. You owe it to yourself and the Lord.
[Excerpt from More Lunch Bag Notes by Anthony & Al Parisi, pg. 210-211]