Unlike some people, I don’t have an official “bucket list” of the places and things I want to do before I die. But I did start thinking about things I’d like to get sorted out while I’m still breathing. In no special order:
10. Learn not to react strongly when I believe I am being slighted or treated badly.
9. Believe ever more strongly in God’s love for me and for every single person on the planet.
8. Never, ever judge another person.
7. Become much more compassionate.
6. Live each moment to its fullest.
5. Listen to others with all my heart.
4. Lose all worry and fear.
3. Take myself a lot less seriously — [related to #10, I guess].
2. Develop an ability to spread joy.
1. See myself more clearly as God sees me.
I’ll never get there, of course, but there’s no harm in trying, is there?
[Photograph, sadly, not of me…]