Comments

Oh this is just superb!!!! The flash mob was so well organised the way it gradually built up in intensity, and I was hoping there was going to be a choir as well and then there was. Magic!
    I saw quite a bit of outdoor music this past summer in Spain once I reached Santiago de Compostela, but never saw a flashmob or anything quite this good.

2. carol says

Ode to Joy-Indeed.
    This captivated my mind and heart.
    Loved the expressions on the faces of the people.
    The little girl up on the lamp post -beautiful
    Reminded me of Zaacheaus

This music is so appropriately named. I thought of all the joy it has brought to countless people through the years and this particular advertisement will also bring much joy, not only to the people who participated and those who were present, but to so many more who will view it. Think of the difference it will make in people’s lives even for the few minutes it takes to watch.

Paul, thanks for starting our week so beautifully.

4. Kathy says

Paul,
    Thank you for this wonderful video. Reminds me that this week and the weeks that will follow is not about rushing around to get stuff done for the holidays, but to recognize and be thankful for the moments of joy along the way.

Have a wonderful Monday everyone! :)

5. Dolly says

I watched this right after my morning prayer, and it struck me how music is like grace working in my life. First, the melody seeps into my being and I get connected to the musicians. And the melody fills my whole being and needs to be expressed through smile, through movements and goes beyond…to the whole world… just like those people in the video who, though expressing themselves in many different body movements, became one as a people as they listened to and beheld the musicians.
    I loved watching those people respond to the music, and most especially, the fresh and creative ways that the children express themselves uninhibitedly. Thank you. All’s right with the world!!!

6. Denise J says

One of my favorite pieces of music ever. THank you for sharing this especially joyful version this morning. Like everyone else, I loved watching the kids get swept up by the music, seeing the joy i the faces and theit whole bodies as they heard it. I also liked the picture of the new parents with their baby, probably attending his first Beethoven performance.

Hope everyone has a joyful week.

7. Bob says

Great!! Thanks for getting our week started this way. Nice way to remind us we have a lot to be thankful for.

Paul, a favor if you can. Some time ago you had something similar, an opera company in the Philadelphia fresh market. That was wonderful too. Could you find it in the archives and send it out again sometime?

8. Katy says

What a great way to uplift a Monday morning (in my case afternoon) on a wet grey day here in England.

If you want a sight for sore eyes, perhaps I could suggest Picturing God today; as it is my beautiful grandchildren.

9. Emma says

Thanksgiving Week thought : Are we a Christian Nation?

Answer : “Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the Providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor : and whereas both Houses of Congress have by their joint committee requested me “to commend to the people of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness, ” now therefor I do recommend and assign Thursday the 26th day of November next, to be devoted to the service of that great and glorious Being, Who is the beneficent Author of all the good that was, that is, or will be.”
    George Washington, President of the United States
    October 3rd, 1789

• Paul says

Emma,

I don’t know if we are a “Christian Nation.” I simply know that I am a Christian and a citizen of this nation.