Monday Music Moment – Ode To Joy

by Paul on November 19, 2012

This may be the classiest ad of all time.  It’s for a Spanish bank.

Margaret R November 19, 2012 at 4:13 am

Oh this is just superb!!!! The flash mob was so well organised the way it gradually built up in intensity, and I was hoping there was going to be a choir as well and then there was. Magic!
I saw quite a bit of outdoor music this past summer in Spain once I reached Santiago de Compostela, but never saw a flashmob or anything quite this good.

Paul November 19, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Margaret,

Glad you liked it. If all advertising was like this, I might be able to stand it more.

Simon November 19, 2012 at 7:24 am

Oh what a blast for a Monday morning – I especially loved the kids conducting :-)

Have a joyful week one and all.

Paul November 19, 2012 at 9:26 pm

Simon,

Rats! I missed the kids. I’ll have to watch it again – no great hardship.

Fran Rossi Szpylczyn November 19, 2012 at 9:57 am

Outstanding! Bravo! Really well done and what a way to start the day. Thank you.

Paul November 19, 2012 at 9:26 pm

Fran,

Knowing that it gave you pleasure gives me great pleasure.

Tim November 19, 2012 at 11:25 am

That was incredible, loved the expressions on the children. What a way to start off a week of gratitude. Many thanks…

Tim November 19, 2012 at 11:25 am

Paul November 19, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Tim,

You spotted the kids, too. What was I – asleep?

carol November 19, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Ode to Joy-Indeed.
This captivated my mind and heart.
Loved the expressions on the faces of the people.
The little girl up on the lamp post -beautiful
Reminded me of Zaacheaus

Kathy November 19, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Carol,
That was exactly my thought as well!

Paul November 19, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Carol,

Saw the little girl up the lamp post but didn’t think of Zacheaus. Typical of me.

Lynda November 19, 2012 at 12:56 pm

This music is so appropriately named. I thought of all the joy it has brought to countless people through the years and this particular advertisement will also bring much joy, not only to the people who participated and those who were present, but to so many more who will view it. Think of the difference it will make in people’s lives even for the few minutes it takes to watch.

Paul, thanks for starting our week so beautifully.

Paul November 19, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Lynda,

You’re right about how much joy this piece of music has brought to so many people.

Kathy November 19, 2012 at 1:03 pm

Paul,
Thank you for this wonderful video. Reminds me that this week and the weeks that will follow is not about rushing around to get stuff done for the holidays, but to recognize and be thankful for the moments of joy along the way.

Have a wonderful Monday everyone! :)

Paul November 19, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Kathy,

You take such a positive message from the video. Brava!

Dolly November 19, 2012 at 2:28 pm

I watched this right after my morning prayer, and it struck me how music is like grace working in my life. First, the melody seeps into my being and I get connected to the musicians. And the melody fills my whole being and needs to be expressed through smile, through movements and goes beyond…to the whole world… just like those people in the video who, though expressing themselves in many different body movements, became one as a people as they listened to and beheld the musicians.
I loved watching those people respond to the music, and most especially, the fresh and creative ways that the children express themselves uninhibitedly. Thank you. All’s right with the world!!!

Paul November 19, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Dolly,

Please keep me in your prayers. I always need them.

Denise J November 19, 2012 at 2:44 pm

One of my favorite pieces of music ever. THank you for sharing this especially joyful version this morning. Like everyone else, I loved watching the kids get swept up by the music, seeing the joy i the faces and theit whole bodies as they heard it. I also liked the picture of the new parents with their baby, probably attending his first Beethoven performance.

Hope everyone has a joyful week.

Paul November 19, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Denise,

I hadn’t thought about the baby encountering Beethoven for the first time. Cool!

Andree November 19, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Incredible. My kids and I were captivated. It was the perfect way to start our homeschooling week. Thank you.

Paul November 19, 2012 at 9:31 pm

Andree,

Hope the rest of your school week goes well.

Emma November 19, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Ohhhhh…….I guess that would be a “yes ” on the trombone and French horn? Who would’ve thought. Phat!

Paul November 19, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Emma,

Your take on things never ceases to surprise me (in a delightful way.)

Bob November 19, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Great!! Thanks for getting our week started this way. Nice way to remind us we have a lot to be thankful for.

Paul, a favor if you can. Some time ago you had something similar, an opera company in the Philadelphia fresh market. That was wonderful too. Could you find it in the archives and send it out again sometime?

Denise J November 19, 2012 at 4:31 pm
Bob November 19, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Denise

Yes – thank you!!!

Paul November 19, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Bob & Denise,

The community at work! Great.

Katy November 19, 2012 at 4:44 pm

What a great way to uplift a Monday morning (in my case afternoon) on a wet grey day here in England.

If you want a sight for sore eyes, perhaps I could suggest Picturing God today; as it is my beautiful grandchildren.

Lynda November 19, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Katy, they are absolutely beautiful and it is so easy to picture God when reflecting on God’s little ones. We grandparents are truly blessed as we aren’t too busy to see God in our grandchildren for we are just there to enjoy!

Paul November 19, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Katy,

I haven’t gone there yet but will do so as soon as I finish answering the comments.

Denise J November 19, 2012 at 10:26 pm

They are gorgeous! Such a lovely picture.

Emma November 19, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Thanksgiving Week thought : Are we a Christian Nation?

Answer : “Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the Providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor : and whereas both Houses of Congress have by their joint committee requested me “to commend to the people of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness, ” now therefor I do recommend and assign Thursday the 26th day of November next, to be devoted to the service of that great and glorious Being, Who is the beneficent Author of all the good that was, that is, or will be.”
George Washington, President of the United States
October 3rd, 1789

Paul November 19, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Emma,

I don’t know if we are a “Christian Nation.” I simply know that I am a Christian and a citizen of this nation.