Monday Music Moment – You Are So Beautiful

by Paul on February 4, 2013

I would not normally have chosen this song but, when a colleague sent this video to me, my heart melted. I am definitely not a “dog person” (I am barely a “human person”!), but this video of a boy with Down Syndrome and a golden lab made me want to reach for the tissues.

Simon February 4, 2013 at 6:45 am

Oh, I am definitely a dog person and a person who likes people who are quirky. I suppose God made us all quirky in some way. This video does it for me – not sure about the sentimental music though :-)

Happy Monday folks.

Lynda February 4, 2013 at 11:24 am

This is a wonder-ful way to begin a week. I have seen this several times and enjoy it every time. Labs are amazing around little children. We had a Lab when our children were young and they loved him dearly as he loved and protected them.

Have a blessed week everyone.

Tim February 4, 2013 at 11:57 am

This is such a great video, a reminder that love has no boundaries.

Happy Monday…

Bob February 4, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Thank you – a beautiful, gentle story. The title says it all, “God doesn’t make mistakes.”

Katy February 4, 2013 at 1:17 pm

O that last caption “GOD DOES’NT MAKE MISTAKES” certainly gave me paws for thought. (I could’nt resist that one).

I loved the video I wanted to hug both of them.

Kathy February 4, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Truly a lovely way to start the week with happy tears and a greatful heart. Beautifully moving. I agree Katy I want to hug them both too!

lindaricke February 4, 2013 at 2:49 pm

I am definitely a dog person and worked with our Bichon in animal therapy. What I noticed is that the little boy kept pushing the dog away. How many times do we do that with God? And how softly persistent was that dog to give love to the little boy? How much more so is God like that with us!

Simon February 4, 2013 at 11:01 pm

I saw that too. It was great. The dog would not say no. I hope God is as president with me.

Simon February 4, 2013 at 11:02 pm

President =Persistent in predictive text :-)

Lynda February 4, 2013 at 11:10 pm

Simon, God loves you with an everlasting and unconditional love and I suspect God has a special love for you – just a feeling I have. God will be faithful and persistent with you.

Dolly February 4, 2013 at 8:25 pm

I agree with Linda Ricke.. It is probably because we push God away that we also tend to keep our distance from others. I’ve noticed that in our effort to protect our privacy and respect those of others, most of us avoid closeness in relating with others. The best means of communication is through e-mail where there is no significant “touching”, but in the process, we live lonely and isolated lives. What happened to that song that said, “Reach out and touch someone”? Even that does not seem to apply anymore, whether spiritually or physically, for fear that our actions may be misconstrued and be subject to litigation! Please God that we wake up and realize that we need one another in our earthly journey!
We certainly can learn from Mama Dog!!!

Emma February 4, 2013 at 8:33 pm

Jesus in disguise :)

Lynda February 4, 2013 at 9:14 pm

Totally!

Mie August 2, 2013 at 5:47 am

“I am definitely not a “dog person” (I am barely a “human person”!)”– I can totally relate!

Thanks for sharing this video! It’s so sweet how the dog persistently “keeps in touch” with the little boy! Watching it makes me miss our dogs! :D