The Church of Mercy

by Paul on April 22, 2014

church-of-mercy-bookcoverYou will know by now that we have just published The Church of Mercy.  This is a collection of Pope Francis’ speeches, homilies, and papers presented during the first year of his papacy and is the first Vatican-authorized book detailing his vision for the Catholic Church.

Here’s the deal.  At Loyola Press, we want to get the Pope’s message into as many hands as possible and so we’re asking people to please buy this book in its first week of sales.  Our hope is that, if enough people order it from Barnes & Noble, Amazon or a major independent bookstore we might just be able to crack the bestseller lists and that would mean many more people becoming aware of the book.

We are so committed to this book, that we’re offering you a third copy free if you order two paperbacks.

Remember, Loyola Press is a not-for-profit Jesuit ministry, so this isn’t about lining our own pockets with gold but about getting the Pope’s joyful message of God’s love and mercy to as many as possible.

Denise J April 22, 2014 at 8:14 pm

Beyond our circle of friends, is there anyone to whom we might give extra books if we buy them?

Denise J April 22, 2014 at 8:15 pm

And look– comments seem to be working! Hurray for the bright young things!

Dolly April 22, 2014 at 9:52 pm

Wow… the behind-the-scene printing was truly impressive! I can’t help you much from where I am at, Fr. Paul, but I campaigned via e-mail for my friends in Colorado to order two books from either Amazon or Barnes and Noble. It takes months and sometimes, forever, for the books to get here.
It may not count, but I already purchased the Kindle edition today from Amazon. The opening quote alone of Pope Francis is spiritually and deliriously uplifting!

Lynda April 23, 2014 at 12:09 am

This is so very exciting. My book has been ordered and I’m eagerly waiting for delivery!

Emma April 23, 2014 at 2:13 am

Love this book! So full of hope, so sincere in its simplicity. Pope Francis has given voice to the concerns of my generation of Catholics who have long felt ignored by the church. One encouraging statement that he made that I had never thought of : “Jesus goes before us. ” I frequently encounter Christ walking with me, supporting me and cheering me on, but that he goes before me and prepares the way as I reach out to others had never entered my mind! What a profound difference this made for me today. Everyone should read this book!

Fran Rossi Szpylczyn April 23, 2014 at 2:40 pm
annette April 24, 2014 at 4:46 pm

I just found out this morning I pre-ordered the book from Amazon.com. I had completely forgotten! All things Pope Francis are taking over my world!